Back From Hiatus

This is the blog formerly known as Political Moose -- with a new color.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Skippy Censorship?

I was over at xnerg.blogspot.com a little earlier this evening and posted a comment (off subject) about Instant Run-off voting. And I went back to check just in case anyone had commented back only to find the post was gone. Had I never really visited? Had I not asked Skippy a serious question? Are they censoring an opinion that promotes democracy and free elections? I hope not, I hope someone there can give me an explanation as to why the post was erased. I want to know where Democratic Bloggers stand on Instant Run-off Voting, is that too much to ask?

2 Comments:

  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger proletariat said…

    You will certainly not find any Dems that support IRV until it is clearly in their interests.

    For example back in February 'progressive democrats' put forward a bill that outrighted banned third parties. They even has a Bushie sounding name Let the Voters Decide Clean Campaign Act.

    http://www.gp.org/press/pr_2006_02_09.shtml

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger Alli said…

    Well Moose, I'm a democrat and I fully support IRV. I think back to the last two elections and the pain of watching the leadership in our country split between red and blue, and electoral college hypotheticals and I feel dismayed and frustrated. IRV could change so many things about our voting system, and could get us a better selection of candidates. We too often want to take the solution that divides us, instead of grasping the one that might get us progress, even if it comes with compromise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home